































3-9 September 2006
We created our own trip to the rainforest with a company called Rainforest Expeditions. http://www.perunature.com/ We had one guide, Gerson, for 7 days and we stayed at two separate lodges (Posada and Refugio). There´s too much to be said about these 7 days so in summary: 2 canopy tower trips, 3 lakes, countless river trips, 4 fishing expeditions, 3 catfish (one 15 pounder, 2 half pounders), 2 pirahnya eaten and many caught, about 100 peccary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary, 4 species of macaw, about 100 bird species, tens of butterfly and moth species, 2 claylicks, 1 gecko (in our shower), zillions of leaf-cutter ants, hundreds of termites, several lizard species, many capybara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capibara, countless spiders, many toucans, 2 praying mantids, many bats, 10 species of frogs, 5 species of monkeys, one farm, one shaman, and one enormous moon.
5 comments:
Waaaay cool! I love all the critters. And that picture of the moon! You took that photo?! Amazing stuff. The trip sounds amazing...I'm wondering if I can convince Eric to do this kind of thing, given that he doesn't much like bugs...
that was me, daniela, aka pug&moosemama in case you couldn't tell...
What a trip!!!! Needlefrish be livin' da vida loca! Awesome animals; would love to see the ants, esp. Would like to quit my job and go with you on this adventure of a lifetime! Maybe i can follow in your footsteps when i retire in 3 years! Take copious notes about contacts, etc.. ,o.k.? Am so envious & happy for you!!! Carry on, and thanks for sharing! It's better than National Geographic or the Discovery channel!
ay por dios . . . I'd like to see the one that got away! mil gracias por compartir. cuidaos.
Great photos! Did you like the other folks on the trip with you? I hope the upcoming posts (which I haven't gotten to yet, though I know they've been posted) give more details about the rainforest adventure.
Post a Comment