Thursday, November 09, 2006

...and more BA...




















9 November 2006

Highlights of the day include eating a yummy lunch (with champagne) at Palacio Español and supporting the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo who march every Thursday afternoon in remembrance of their children who disappeared during the Dirty War of the late 1970s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_War It was such a beautiful Spring day that we decided to stay outside and visit the Palermo Parks - the Botanical Gardens and the Buenos Aires Zoo.

2 comments:

Daniela said...

huh, you can tell the 'rents are in town when you get champagne with your meals! :)

That photograph of the peacock is so beautiful!!! Damn if I wouldn't use it to teach sexual selection...if only I was like, you know, staying in academia...anyway, it's still a gorgeous photo! Also is that a baby caiman? It's really kinda creepy looking. I think it's because, as my friend Ingrid said, "it hasn't got all of its allometry worked out yet." (Can you tell we are BIG ol' nerds?!)

Daniela said...

oh, and I meant to add: the photos of las madres gave me chills.