Sunday, September 24, 2006

Squash the Bolivian Coast Line? - Two interesting articles form the NYT today. . .

Squash the Bolivian Coast Line? - Two interesting articles form the NYT today. . .

First of all there was this little gem about the fact that Don Rumsfeld is an avid squash player. My hunch is that both Leigh and I would easily be able to handle him
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/washington/24rumsfeld.html?hp&ex=1159070400&en=06c36eba946dad2b&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Then in searching the international section, an article about the very museum that we had visited in La Paz today. It seems that Bolivia has been itching for the last hundred years to get back the piece of coastline that it lost to Chile in a war over bird guano (no joke).
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/world/americas/24bolivia.html?n=Top%2fNews%2fWorld%2fCountries%20and%20Territories%2fBolivia

In case the links expire, I am going to try to attach word copies of the two articles as well,

Andrew

3 comments:

Daniela said...

I say Leigh and Andrew TAKE DOWN old Rumsfeld!!!! No really, PLEASE!

Eric said...

I read both of these and thought of you when I read about Bolivia. I love how they have that navy just ready to go, whenever they get a bit of coastline...

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you take on Rumsfeld. Perhaps you could put a little wager on it. You win, we DON'T invade Iran. (Not sure what should happen if you lose. I don't care to think about it.)